Saturday, August 14, 2010

Our days this week were spent here

We went to our county fair twice this week. It's a pretty small one compared to some cities around us. But I grew up going to it every year since 8th grade so I have lots of memories here. Due to the military, I've never been able to bring Doc Handsome so not only was it a first for Mini DH but also a first bringing Doc Handsome. So we went once when admission was only a dollar and again when they held military appreciation day, which was free.

Photobucket

Towards the end, he was scared and had quite enough of the carousel.
Photobucket

But he really did love it at first.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Pooped out from the long night that lasted wayyyy past bedtime.
Photobucket


Then today, Doc Handsome had to work all stinkin' day and it had been a rough morning for Mini DH. I think he's in the process of cutting another tooth. He hadn't had a new one in almost two months now. So I took him to the library to help focus his attention on something other than the (possible) pain. He pretty much loved it there. And he even sat long enough to read two books and pointed out a gorilla on his own after I showed him one in a book. Just a little proud, huh?

I can't believe he's old enough to start kneeling and bending down like this now.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

In other news, we are adopting a new puppy. A lady who took in a stray German Shepard dog a few weeks ago, all the sudden had a pack of dogs when her newest pet gave birth to 11 babies. Much to her surprise, she was overwhelmed and needed to find them good homes immediately. They won't be old enough to leave their mother till September 14th when they're six weeks old, so for now, we have pictures and our excitement to hold us over. We're sure they'll be mixed with another type of dog but we've always liked to adopt rather than buy. They are only a couple weeks old now so as they get a tad bit older and start opening their eyes, we will get to pick out which one we'd like. Anyone want to start throwing out name ideas? We're on the list for a male and we like unique names. Kong was named after King Kong because we had just gotten him and as were were trying to figure out his name, we were watching King Kong during the part when he's on the building swatting at the airplane. We looked over at Kong and he was standing on his back paws swatting at something too. Thus, Kong. Toby came with his name when we adopted him and was already use to it, so we didn't want to confuse him by changing it. We prefer names that aren't descriptive of their looks like patches, scruffy, etc. Shoot me over your ideas. Here's a sneak peek at the little dude that will soon be ours.

Aren't they precious?
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. awwww the puppies are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had fun at the fair and I loved the pictures at the library-Mini DH is beyond adorable! :) Good luck with puppy naming, I know how hard it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Mini DH is SO fricken cute!!!

    And now a puppy too?? Too much cuteness for one house:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! You know me and dogs! I'm excited for you guys! That's awesome. I'm horrible at names tho, sorry I can't be any help there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your 100th follower... I had to follow a fellow sailor's wife!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! Are you not the cutest little family ever! Love it!

    and..

    I LOVE COUNTY FAIRS! I feel the same way. If you click back a few on my blog you'll see a post titled "fair hair".. don't you just love the mullets and outfits that are sported at fairs? too funny!

    SO excited to read more of your blog!

    p.s. congrats on adopting the new pup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mini DH is so cute! And so are those puppies.

    P.S. You're such a good mom. Good call on taking him to the library!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback and always encourage different opinions and views. Keep it respectful and I promise to consider your point. Thanks for stopping by...