Friday, June 4, 2010

Second Anniversary

Even though I haven't got around to posting about our vacation, I thought I could at least update about our second wedding anniversary that we celebrated while in Alaska.

We've adopted a tradition for our anniversaries. We're always somewhere away from home. May 24th, 2008 we were married in Chicago. May 24th, 2009, we celebrated our first wedding anniversary in Virginia/Washington DC when I went to visit Doc Handsome at training before he deployed. Now, May 24th, 2010 we were in Alaska. My mom and her fiance had reserved a suite at a winery about an hour away, months prior for us. We left early the morning of the 24th and headed down to Homer, Alaska. We had such an amazing anniversary. The city is absolutely beautiful and considering it was our first night away from the baby (second time leaving him with anyone period), it wasn't as worrysome as I thought it would be. I only called to check on him twice. Pretty good right?!

Arriving into Homer, Alaska. That strip of land out in the water is called the Homer Spit. That's where the city is.
Photobucket

This was written on the board when we checked in at the winery. The blurry parts were our names. It was such a lovely surprise.
Photobucket

Waiting in our room. Best wine I've ever had. We bought three bottles.
Photobucket

The beach right outside where we had dinner. Breathtaking I thought.
Photobucket

Two years.
Photobucket

We found a ton of starfish.
Photobucket
On the boardwalk
Photobucket

This is the view from our hot tub as the sun was setting. Not to mention, it was 11:30 AT NIGHT. And even though I say sunset, it never gets entirely dark in the summer.
Photobucket

Quaint kitchen in the suite
Photobucket

This was our adorable suite
Photobucket

And the cedar wood jacuzzi
Photobucket

Bear Creek Winery
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. what a lovely way to spend your anniversary! I loved all the pics, especially the bench one! lol that was just too funny! :) you guys look so cute and happy together! congrats on two years!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment and follow!!!...and thanks for the compliment :)
    can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. i left you a surprise on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fun! How absolutely fabulous for you both to get away and have fun! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looks like you had an amazing wedding anniversary! Congrats to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! I'm a new follower from the milspoouse community! Looks like you all had fun! I can't wait to catch up and read more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I just found your blog from the Household 6 Diva listing.

    Happy Anniversary from a fellow Navy wife!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, that looks fantastic! I'm glad you got to go someplace special.

    Thank you so much for your nice comment. You're the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so beautiful!

    I wanna go to Alaska. My boyfriend has been and loved it.

    Btw, Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback and always encourage different opinions and views. Keep it respectful and I promise to consider your point. Thanks for stopping by...