Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Gym classes

This last week we got our hands on a free two class pass to My Gym which is a gym for kids ages zero months through 14 years of age. Most cities have them from what I can tell. Every week they have multiple classes for each different age groups as well as multiple "free plays" where kids from every age group can come play, learn, and explore.

I took Mini Dh to his first class this last Thursday and it was soooooo fun! Then Doc Handsome and I took him to his second class this morning so Doc Handsome could get a chance to see what it ws like. Mini DH work on his balance, all different types of motor skills, cognitive skills, social skills, and a ton of other stuff. It was really exciting to see him so excited to be in a different environment than our house and to be stimulated by that. It was also really neat to see him interact with other children his age.

The teachers are so outgoing and really make sure everyone feels involved and knows what they're doing.

So now that our two classes are up, we've decided that we're going to get Mini Dh a membership and continue taking him there. They have so much equipment that we don't have here at home. That's not to say that he's not learning at home because he is, but the more stimulating enviroments and challenges we can introduce him to, the better. And we think it's really important that he's able to interact with other children his age too. For instance, he learned how to climb stairs and climb down the stairs at My Gym this last Thursday. We don't have any stairs at our house so he would've never learned. And even though climbing stairs isn't exactly equal to the need to talk, it challenged his mind to solve a problem and work through it.








5 comments:

  1. Ahhh I am so excited that you posted this!! I started working at My Gym when I was 16 and stayed their for 3 and a half years!! It really is such an amazing program and so incredibly beneficial to all ages of kids, especially babies! Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed working there :)

    P.S. The birthday parties are AWESOME, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a gym like that. I love it wish we had one where we live. Mini DH is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...looks super cool! He looks really cute sitting in the turtle full of balls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mini DH is so adorable!!! I have never heard of a gym like this one. It looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember if I already commented or not... go figure... but this is WAY cool. I wonder if there is something like that in our area, I'd love to get the little man into this.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback and always encourage different opinions and views. Keep it respectful and I promise to consider your point. Thanks for stopping by...