Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just to clear up confusion

The term "soldiering" (like the one on the top of my page in the quote from a poem) is the act of a person who is engaged in the military. Whether that person be Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, or National Guard. For example, "My husband soldiers on until the job is done." I just would like to clear up any confusion about attempting to pass off my Sailor as a Soldier; which by no means am I. I know as soon as Doc Handsome saw my blog for the first time, his words were, "But I'm a sailor not a soldier..." So as I explained to him that the term was the act of, he understood more clearly. Also, since the quote is taken from the known "Silent Ranks" poem, for the sake of keeping the authenticity, I didn't think it was fair to change the words around.

That's all on my mind tonight. Mini DH has been having a hard time with sleep the last three nights. He has been waking up every two hours on the dot. I think he is either A.)cutting his first tooth or B.)Just having a hard time due to his most recent milestone.

So here is to wishing tonight goes a little better than the last few.

Goodnight dear friends and readers.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering the same thing. Thanks! Where can I find the "Silent Ranks" poem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question! I saw it on Dogtags once so when I went to look for it I just googled it and it was there =]

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback and always encourage different opinions and views. Keep it respectful and I promise to consider your point. Thanks for stopping by...