Monday, May 3, 2010

First Work Day

Today was my first LONG day back to work. I've been working for Farmers Insurance since November 2008 but when I moved in with my In Laws while I was pregnant and Doc Handsome was deployed, I took a pretty long leave of absense. So even though I've been working about 4 hours a week (very part time) I'm now bumped up to 30. Today was the longest I've spent away from Mini DH. It surprisingly went by very fast but I can tell you at the end of the day, I was estatic to see my two guys. It was a great day and I'm so happy where I'm working.

Poor Mini DH gave Dad a hard time on his first day though. The last two nights he's been waking up every few hours. We thought it was attributed to a ear infection and not teething. When he got his first two teeth, he was fussy but it was never this bad. So I scheduled an appointment for him today and when Doc Handsome took him in, we got some news we weren't expecting. His ears are in perfect condition but his entire upper gums are swollen because....he is getting in FOUR teeth at the same time. You can visibly see how inflamed they are. She suggested infant tylenol and although we've tried to always avoid it (I know it's perfectly okay, but if he can be calm without it then why not) but he was in so much pain we knew he needed it. He's already been doing a lot better tonight and I'm thanking the tylenol for that. Man, soon he'll have six teeth. Yikes.

We gave him avocado for the first time yesterday and he loved it. He hasn't seemed to have any taste preferences so far. He's enjoyed all the vegtables we've given him. I think we plan on sticking with vegtables for a little while that way he gets accustomed to it and then we can move onto the sweeter foods like fruits...

We had an amazing BBQ at our house yesterday. So many of our wonderful friends drove out. I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow for ya'll. Everyone played a game of basketball at the court right next to our house and then we all just hung out in the warm sun. I took lots of pictures and video. It was a great way to kick off summer.

I am off to bed because it's up early again for all of us tomorrow.

Oh, I almost forgot. We are getting all our First Family Pictures back this week so as soon as I get them all back I will make sure to share them. (They'll be here soon Grammy and Grandma since I know you're reading)!

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing feedback and always encourage different opinions and views. Keep it respectful and I promise to consider your point. Thanks for stopping by...